LGBTed and CAST in partnership with Teach First are delighted to offer,
for the second year, a fully funded programme of training, promoting
more diversity into school leadership, specifically teachers identifying as
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Intersex.
Fully funded by Harris Federation and the DfE’s Leadership Equality & Diversity Fund, the programme aims to promote more diversity and encourage the promotion of LGBT+ teachers into leadership positions in schools, thereby more accurately reflecting the diversity of the teaching population, the young people they teach and their families.
The programme aims to support any issues with regards to sexuality and gender being a barrier to promotion, to build the confidence of the participants and empower them to be visible role models in schools, leading on inclusion for the benefits of LGBT+ students and for them to apply for Senior Leadership roles in schools.
How to Book
Booking: www.castcpd.co.uk, quoting reference VISLT
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019- 12 noon (or as soon as capacity is reached)
**Programme numbers are strictly limited**
Facilitated by leading members of the LGBT+ school community including:
• Hannah Jepson and Daniel Tomlinson-Gray – Co-founder and directors of LGBTed
• David Weston- Teacher Development Trust CEO
• Shelley Bridgman – Psychotherapist, speaker and gender identity expert
• David Lowbridge-Ellis- Deputy Headteacher and pioneer of an LGBT+ inclusive curriculum
• Launch event: Friday 8th November 2019 (1pm-4pm)
• Session 1: Friday 6th December (10am – 4pm)
• Session 2: Friday 17th January 2020 (10am – 4pm)
• Session 3: Friday 28th February 2020 (10 am -4pm)
• Session 4: Friday 24th April 2020 (10am – 4pm)
• Celebration event- Friday 22nd May 2020 (1pm- 4pm)